near Otavalo (Otavalo and surrounds, Ecuador)
Constructed in 1790, Hacienda Pinsaquí was originally a colonial textile workshop, employing over 1,000 local weavers and spinners. There are lovely gardens, a courtyard, small chapel, reading room, restaurant and a bar which is full of character.
Visits to Otavalo market and nearby villages, riding, walking, mountain bikes.
All the 20 rooms and suites are different, some with a fireplace and all with a private bathroom including a couple with a porcelain bath. They are well appointed, spacious and retain many original features.
The main dining room can seat up to 120 people and can be busy with day visitors for lunch at the weekend.